Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Use U-M Federal School Code: 002325). Complete this at no charge to be considered for federal student aid.
CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (Use U-M CSS Code: 1839) to be considered for institutional U-M grants. (There is a cost associated with the PROFILE. Please contact our office to request a fee waiver before submitting this form if you cannot afford this fee and are not offered the automatic fee waiver from the College Board.)
Note to families requiring a Non-Custodial Parent PROFILE: The prospective student must invite the non-custodial parent to complete this document as part of the PROFILE application process. More information can be found here or by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Complete and submit the following Financial Aid Verification documents only if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:
- Submitting 2014 Federal Income Tax Return/Non-Filing Statement
- Household Information Questionnaire
- Miscellaneous Income Questionnaire
- Asset Questionnaire
- Request for Waiver of Noncustodial PROFILE
- 2016 Winter-only Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Nov. 1)
- 2016 Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Feb. 1)
- Fall 2016 and Fall/Winter 2016-17 Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before June 1)
Forms are available from Feb. 1 to July 31 each year. Contact our office if you need assistance after July 31.
- 2016 Request for Funds Form (online)
- 2016 Request for Funds and instructions (PDF)
- Spring/Summer TEACH Grant Application/Certification (PDF)
- Spring/Summer Social Work Addendum (PDF)
- (See "Loans" section below for Spring-Summer Smart Borrowing)
Smart Borrowing Program
- Official financial aid offers for some undergraduates will not include all Federal Loan eligibility. Increases in these loans, or new loans, are available to eligible students through a special process we call Smart Borrowing. If you want to request additional or new loans once receiving your official Fall/Winter Award Notice, complete a Smart Borrowing form for the appropriate aid year.
- If you are an undergraduate registering for Spring/Summer terms and wish to borrow a Federal Loan, complete a Smart Borrowing form for Spring/Summer. You will also meet with an aid officer.
- PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Grad PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Private Loan Self-Certification Form (PDF) -- The federal Truth in Lending Act requires students to submit a Private Education Loan Self-Certification Form to their lender. Visit our Private Education Loans page for details.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- 2015-16 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- 2016-17 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
TEACH Grant forms
- 2015-16 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- 2016-17 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- 2016 Spring/Summer TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- Academic Year 2015-16 (2015-16 Fall/Winter and 2016 Spring/Summer)
- Academic Year 2016-17 (2016-17 Fall/Winter and 2017 Spring/Summer)
- Forms and information about the U-M Child Care Subsidy program can be found on our Students with Child Care Expenses page.