Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Use U-M Federal School Code: 002325). Complete this at no charge to be considered for federal student aid. U-M students should complete this each academic year.
Entering students complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (Use U-M CSS Code: 1839) to be considered for institutional U-M grants. (There is a cost associated with the PROFILE. Please contact our office to request a fee waiver before submitting this form if you cannot afford this fee and are not offered the automatic fee waiver from the College Board.)
Note to families requiring a Non-Custodial Parent PROFILE:
The prospective student must invite the non-custodial parent to complete this document as part of the PROFILE application process. More information can be found here or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Complete and submit the following Financial Aid Verification documents only if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:
- Non-Filing Statement 2017-2018
- Household Information Questionnaire
- Miscellaneous Income Questionnaire
- Asset Questionnaire
- Request for Waiver of Noncustodial PROFILE
- Fall 2016 and Fall/Winter 2016-17 Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before June 1)
- 2017 Winter-only Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Nov. 1)
- 2017 Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Feb. 1)
Studying Abroad through CGIS?
If you have applied to study abroad through the Center for Global and Intercultural Study Program in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, do not download the forms listed on this page. There is a different process. CGIS staff first completes their portion of the financial aid form and then contacts you to share the partially finished form for you to complete. If you are a CGIS student and have questions, please contact the CGIS office at 734-764-4311 or email email@example.com.
Forms are available from Feb. 1 to July 31 each year. Contact our office if you need assistance after July 31.
- Online version: 2017 Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form
- Paper version: 2017 Spring/Summer Request for Funds and instructions (PDF)
- 2017 Spring/Summer TEACH Grant Application/Certification (PDF)
- 2017 Spring/Summer Social Work Addendum (PDF)
(See "Study Abroad" section above if you will study abroad for Spring/Summer and "Loans" section below for Spring-Summer Smart Borrowing)
Smart Borrowing Program
- Official financial aid offers for some undergraduates will not include all Federal Loan eligibility. Increases in these loans, or new loans, are available to eligible students through a special process we call Smart Borrowing. If you want to request additional or new loans once receiving your official Fall/Winter Award Notice, complete a Smart Borrowing form for the appropriate aid year.
- If you are an undergraduate registering for Spring/Summer terms and wish to borrow a Federal Loan, complete a Smart Borrowing form for Spring/Summer. You will also meet with an aid officer.
- PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Grad PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Private Loan Self-Certification Form (PDF) -- The federal Truth in Lending Act requires students to submit a Private Education Loan Self-Certification Form to their lender. Visit our Private Education Loans page for details.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- 2016-17 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- 2017-18 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
TEACH Grant forms
- 2016-17 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- 2017-18 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- Academic Year 2016-17 (2016-17 Fall/Winter and 2017 Spring/Summer)
- Academic Year 2017-18 (2017-18 Fall/Winter and 2018 Spring/Summer.)
- Forms and information about the U-M Child Care Subsidy program can be found on our Students with Child Care Expenses page.