Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Use U-M Federal School Code: 002325). Complete this at no charge to be considered for federal student aid. U-M students should complete this each academic year.
Entering students complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (Use U-M CSS Code: 1839) to be considered for institutional U-M grants. (There is a cost associated with the PROFILE. Please contact our office to request a fee waiver before submitting this form if you cannot afford this fee and are not offered the automatic fee waiver from the College Board.)
Note to families requiring a Non-Custodial Parent PROFILE:
The prospective student must invite the non-custodial parent to complete this document as part of the PROFILE application process. More information can be found here or by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Complete and submit the following Financial Aid Verification documents only if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:
- Non-Filing Statement 2018-2019
- Household Information Questionnaire
- Miscellaneous Income Questionnaire
- Asset Questionnaire
- Request for Waiver of Noncustodial PROFILE
- Study Abroad Budget Worksheet
- 2018 Winter-only Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Nov. 1)
- 2018 Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Feb. 1)
- Fall 2018 and Fall/Winter 2018-19 Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before June 1)
Studying Abroad through CGIS?
If you have applied to study abroad through the Center for Global and Intercultural Study Program in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, do not download the forms listed on this page. There is a different process. CGIS staff first completes their portion of the financial aid form and then contacts you to share the partially finished form for you to complete. If you are a CGIS student and have questions, please contact the CGIS office at 734-764-4311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms are available from Feb. 1 to July 31 each year. Contact our office if you need assistance after July 31.
- Online version: 2018 Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form
- Paper version: 2018 Spring/Summer Request for Funds and instructions (PDF)
- 2018 Spring/Summer TEACH Grant Application/Certification (PDF)
- 2018 Spring/Summer Social Work Addendum (PDF)
(See "Study Abroad" section above if you will study abroad for Spring/Summer. Do not complete these forms.)
- PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Grad PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Private Loan Self-Certification Form (PDF) -- The federal Truth in Lending Act requires students to submit a Private Education Loan Self-Certification Form to their lender. Visit our Private Education Loans page for details.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- 2018-19 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- 2017-18 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
TEACH Grant forms
- 2018-19 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- 2017-18 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- Academic Year 2018-19 (2018-19 Fall/Winter and 2019 Spring/Summer)
- Academic Year 2017-18 (2017-18 Fall/Winter and 2018 Spring/Summer)