University of Michigan Office of Financial Aid
2017 Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form
By completing this Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form, you are applying for federal aid, university grants, Work-Study and federal Direct Loans. Answer the questions below and choose the "submit" button at the end.
The Office of Financial Aid may request additional documents to complete your application.
This form is for continuing U-M students only. Complete and file this form only once; multiple filings may delay the processing of your Spring/Summer aid. (If you are applying for a private loan only, do not complete this form. Contact our office and advise us that you will not apply for federal aid so we may process your loan.)
- If you are in a Social Work practicum or applying for a Spring/Summer TEACH Grant, download the necessary PDF form below, complete it and submit to the Office of Financial Aid in addition to filling out this online form. Office address and contact information.
- Studying abroad for Spring or Summer? Download and submit the PDF form below (do not complete this Request for Funds).
- A PDF copy of the Request for Funds form is available below. (Do not complete both online and printed forms)
DEADLINES: To be considered for all need-based aid, complete and submit all forms by the priority filing deadline of March 24, 2017 and register at least half-time for classes. If you have not already submitted a 2016-17 FAFSA, do so immediately at fafsa.gov.
Although you may apply for aid after this deadline, aid may not be available or will be limited. The final dates we will accept financial aid materials are listed below. We will not consider any Spring/Summer application materials after these dates:
- June 2, 2017 for Spring Term
- July 31, 2017 for Summer Term or combined 16-week Spring/Summer Term
You will receive an email message in your umich email account alerting you when your Spring/Summer Award Notice is available to view/print on Wolverine Access (https://wolverineaccess.umich.edu).