This page offers key information about locating University of Michigan student data, including comparative information about the rates at which students enroll, graduate and repay loans. Some of the links below offer online tools allowing you to compare data from various institutions. If you want to explore financial aid, start at our home page. For more general information about the university, begin at the U-M Gateway or visit our Office of Undergraduate Admissions website.
- U-M Net Price Calculator helps students and families estimate their cost to attend the University of Michigan. The tool uses real-time grants, loans and Work-Study awards and bases results on personal financial data.
- "Your Money Your Life": a financial literacy website from the U-M Office of Financial Aid. Find tips about saving and spending, links to money management tools and general money management information
- Financial Awareness Counseling Tool (select the "Complete Counseling link): studentaid.gov
- CashCourse financial literacy tools: CashCourse.org (account creation and login required)
- Personal federal student loan history: StudentAid.gov (Log in with your federal FSA ID, date of birth and Social Security number to access your account)
- Loan repayment information:
- To estimate loan eligibility or your University of Michigan bill, log into Wolverine Access and follow this path:
- For loan eligibility: Campus Finances > Financial Planning Calculator > Calculate Private/PLUS Loan Eligibility
- For estimating U-M bill (fall/winter only): Campus Finances > Financial Planning Calculator > Calculate Estimated Bill
- Visit College Navigator for information on the following data about colleges and universities:
- Cumulative debt
- Student loan default rate
- School graduation and retention rates
- College comparison tool
- Download a U-M College Comparison Worksheet (PDF)
- U-M Award Notice: Log in to your secure page on Wolverine Access to view your individual Award Notice from U-M. (Note: The Federal Shopping Sheet comparison information is also available at the bottom of your Account Summary page.)
- Glossary of financial aid terms from the U.S. Dept. of Education: (https://studentaid.ed.gov/glossary)
- The U.S. Department of Education interactive College Scorecard (www.collegecost.ed.gov/scorecard) provides a snapshot of an institution’s cost and value. Search colleges by area, degree state and other criteria.
- The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's interactive Financial Aid Comparison Shopper. Input your financial aid packages and compare them.
- The College Board's "Compare Your Aid Awards" calculator, where information can be saved for future reference. Visit bigfuture.collegeboard.org.
- The CollegeInSight website (nonprofit Institute for College Access and Success) at http://college-insight.org/#. Search colleges, explore by topic or build a table.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education's College Reality Check tool looks at net cost, graduation rates and loan indebtedness.
FEDERAL SHOPPING SHEET:
- The federal Shopping Sheet was created to help students compare college financial aid offers.
U-M has made this tool available through the secure Wolverine Access portal (https://wolverineaccess.umich.edu) at the bottom of the student award summary page. It uses federal data about U-M and student data from Award Notices and will be updated as awards are revised.