2019 Spring/Summer Request for Financial Aid
for Continuing U-M Students
Note: Effective July 31, 2018, the 2018 Spring/Summer Request for Financial Aid is closed. Please contact our office if you need assistance.
By completing this Spring/Summer Request for Financial Aid Form, you are applying to be considered for federal aid, university grants, Work-Study and federal Direct Loans. Answer the questions below and choose the "submit" button at the end. The Office of Financial Aid may request additional documents to complete your application.
Complete and submit this form only once; multiple applications may delay the processing of your Spring/Summer aid.
How we award Spring/Summer Aid
This form opens on February 1 of each year. We award aid on a first-come, first-served basis, with awards made as applications are received. You are also required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you have not already submitted a 2018-19 FAFSA, do so immediately at fafsa.ed.gov.
We will not consider any Spring/Summer applications after these dates:
You will receive an email message in your umich email account alerting you when your Spring/Summer Award Notice is available to view/print on Wolverine Access (https://wolverineaccess.umich.edu).
A note about Spring/Summer enrollment
You must be registered at least half-time in order for any awarded aid to be disbursed (see enrollment definitions below).
The Office of Financial Aid will determine your aid eligibility based upon the assumption of full-time enrollment for the 16 weeks of Spring and Summer combined. (You need not notify us of planned changes in your attendance). Most students will receive an award notice covering the full 16 weeks of potential enrollment, the Spring and Summer mini terms. Students who choose not to enroll in the Spring term will later have their awards revised if they enroll for Summer Term. If you would like information about your award sooner, please contact the Office of Financial Aid after registering for classes.
Additional forms and special notes
Following are additional forms you may need (forms are available on February 1):
- Social Work and TEACH Grant students: If you are in a Social Work practicum or applying for a Spring/Summer TEACH Grant, download the necessary PDF form below, complete it and submit to the Office of Financial Aid in addition to filling out this online Request for Financial Aid form.
- Social Work Addendum to Spring-Summer Request for Financial Aid (PDF)
- Spring-Summer TEACH Grant Application (PDF)
- Studying abroad for Spring or Summer: Download and submit the PDF form below (do not complete this Request for Financial Aid form).
- Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request
- Paper version: If you would rather complete and submit this form on paper, complete the PDF version Spring/Summer Request for Financial Aid and Instructions. Do not complete both online and printed forms.
- Students with Private Loans: If you are applying for a private loan only and do not want federal aid, do not complete this form. Contact our office and advise us that you will not apply for federal aid so we may process your loan.