2019 Spring/Summer Request for Financial Aid

for Continuing U-M Students

um logo

By completing this Spring/Summer Request for Financial Aid Form, you are applying to be considered for federal aid, university grants, Work-Study and federal Direct Loans. Answer the questions below and choose the "submit" button at the end. The Office of Financial Aid may request additional documents to complete your application.

Complete and submit this form only once; multiple applications may delay the processing of your Spring/Summer aid.

How we award Spring/Summer Aid

This form opens on February 1 of each year. We award aid on a first-come, first-served basis, with awards made as applications are received. You are also required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you have not already submitted a 2018-19 FAFSA, do so immediately at fafsa.ed.gov.

We will not consider any Spring/Summer applications after these dates:

  • June 1, 2019 for 2019 Spring Term
  • July 31, 2019 for 2019 Summer Term or combined 16-week Spring/Summer Term

You will receive an email message in your umich email account alerting you when your Spring/Summer Award Notice is available to view/print on Wolverine Access (https://wolverineaccess.umich.edu).

A note about Spring/Summer enrollment

You must be registered at least half-time in order for any awarded aid to be disbursed (see enrollment definitions below).

The Office of Financial Aid will determine your aid eligibility based upon the assumption of full-time enrollment for the 16 weeks of Spring and Summer combined. (You need not notify us of planned changes in your attendance). Most students will receive an award notice covering the full 16 weeks of potential enrollment, the Spring and Summer mini terms. Students who choose not to enroll in the Spring term will later have their awards revised if they enroll for Summer Term. If you would like information about your award sooner, please contact the Office of Financial Aid after registering for classes.

Additional forms and special notes

Following are additional forms you may need (forms are available on February 1):