What’s an FSA ID and why do I need one?January 25, 2016
Entering students: Check Wolverine Access for aid notificationMarch 9, 2016
Materials are now available for continuing students to apply for 2016 Spring/Summer financial aid at U-M. Unless you are studying abroad, students requesting aid must complete a Request for Funds Form. You may complete this form electronically or on paper with forms available online on our forms page under Spring/Summer materials.
There is no penalty for completing the RFF and then not enrolling.
Some special situations:
- Addendum forms are required if you are in a Social Work practicum or applying for a Spring/Summer TEACH Grant. Complete the necessary forms and submit them to the Office of Financial Aid in addition to filling out the Request for Funds Form.
- Students studying abroad will complete a 2016 Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request, also available on the forms page. Do not complete an RFF.
- Students who have young, dependent children in child care may be eligible for the U-M Child Care Subsidy Program, which helps students with the cost of licensed child care. To apply, students must meet several eligibility criteria and must file a 2015-2016 federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and an application for the subsidy. Visit this page for information.
Priority filing deadline is March 25, 2016 for students to be considered for all Spring/Summer financial aid.
The Office of Financial Aid will determine your aid eligibility based on full-time enrollment; you do not need to notify us of planned changes in your attendance.
- If you register for Spring Term only, the 16-week Spring/Summer Term or Spring Term and Summer Term, you will receive an Award Notice with financial aid for both Spring and Summer terms. Award Notices will be sent beginning in April. If you do not enroll for Summer Term, your aid will automatically be reduced in May or June.
- If you register for Summer Term only, you will receive an Award Notice with aid for Summer only in late May.
First payment of financial aid funds will be available to students on April 29, 2016 for Spring and Spring/Summer terms and on June 24, 2016 for Summer Term.
Contact us if you have questions at 734-763-6600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.