The Spring/Summer financial aid process is a bit different both for students entering U-M or attending as a continuing student during these optional academic terms. See the section below specific to your situation.
- Complete and submit the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (use federal code 002325) and the 2019-20 CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (Use U-M's CSS code 1839). These are available on October 1. To be considered for all aid programs, we must receive your FAFSA record and your PROFILE application (to be considered for institutional grants and scholarships) by March 31.
- Complete and submit the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (use federal code 002325). We must receive your FAFSA record and all supplemental documents requested by May 10 for Spring Term and June 1 for Summer Term.
Special notes to Spring/Summer admits:
CHANGES FOR 2019 AND WHEN TO APPLY: In addition to your U-M applications and forms, we must receive your FAFSA from the federal processor in order to process your financial aid. Beginning with the Spring/Summer 2019 terms, award notification will begin on Feb. 1, 2019 and will be done on a first-come, first-served, rolling basis, as students apply. Grant funding for Spring/Summer 2019 is expected to be limited so be sure to apply early to be considered.
Students who applied on or after March 29 will only have access to Federal Direct Loans for the Spring/Summer enrollment period(s).
- Paper version: Spring/Summer Request for Funds and Instructions (PDF)
- If you are studying abroad, do not fill out a Request for Funds (RFF) form. Instead, download and complete:
- Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (PDF) (available on Feb. 1 each year. If you have questions about 2019 study abroad, contact our office)
- If you are in a Social Work practicum or applying for a Spring/Summer TEACH Grant, complete one of the and submit to the Office of Financial Aid in addition to filling out the RFF form.