The spring/summer financial aid process is a bit different both for students entering U-M or attending as a continuing student during these optional academic terms. See the section below specific to your situation.
- Complete and submit the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (use federal code 002325) and the 2020-21 CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (Use U-M's CSS code 1839). These are available on October 1. To be considered for all aid programs, we must receive your FAFSA record and your PROFILE application (to be considered for institutional grants and scholarships) by March 31.
- Complete and submit the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (use federal code 002325). We must receive your FAFSA record and all supplemental documents requested by May 10 for spring term and June 1 for summer term.
Special notes to spring/summer admits:
WHEN TO APPLY: In addition to your U-M applications and forms, we must receive your FAFSA from the federal processor in order to process your financial aid.
The deadline for application with full consideration for all aid programs is April 10, 2020. We will not consider any spring/summer applications after these dates:
- Spring Eight Week Term: June 1, 2020
- Summer Eight Week Term and 16-week Spring/Summer 16 Week Term: July 31, 2020
- If you are studying abroad, do not fill out a Request for Funds (RFF) form. Instead, download and complete:
- If you are in a Social Work practicum or applying for a spring/summer TEACH Grant, complete one of the and submit to the Office of Financial Aid in addition to filling out the RFF form.