U-M Chemistry Atrium
June 1 deadline: Submit required documents to be considered for available aid
May 10, 2017
Fans watch U-M in the NCAA Basketball Championship.
Introducing the Go Blue Guarantee for Michigan resident students
June 15, 2017
Show all

Subsidy available to U-M students with young, dependent children

kids on tricycles

Students who have young, dependent children may be eligible for the U-M Child Care Subsidy, which provides funds to assist students with the cost of child care using providers licensed by the state of Michigan.

This is a need-based subsidy for parents with dependent children age 12 or younger (older if a child has special needs). You must be single or, if married, have a spouse who is a student enrolled half-time in a degree program or gainfully employed for at least 20 hours a week (a combination of both is also considered).

Students of all college levels may apply for the U-M Child Care Subsidy and must submit both a federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a separate application for the subsidy. There are other eligibility criteria, including continuing to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by U-M.

For more information, or to find application documents, visit our Child Care Subsidy page. Or read a series of frequently asked questions about the program. If we can assist you in applying for the subsidy or answer any questions, please contact our office.