Fast Forward Medical Innovation interactive panel session at U-M.
Newsletter available: What you need to know for 2017 Fall Term
August 20, 2017
Macromolecular Science and Engineering annual symposium at U-M.
Newsletter offers aid information for 2018 Winter, Spring/Summer terms
November 20, 2017
Show all

The 2018-19 FAFSA is now available at

Students on the U-M campus.

It’s time to apply for 2018-19 financial aid.

The 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid is available and we encourage current U-M students and prospective students to complete it as soon as possible.  This is the second season that the FAFSA is available on October 1, giving students a chance to apply for aid earlier in the application cycle. Students and families will use 2016 tax information.

Before completing the FAFSA, you will need your Federal Student Aid ID and 2016 tax documents. Request that it be sent to UM-Ann Arbor (federal code 002325) so that we receive it electronically and can process your application.

Students must complete the FAFSA annually  to be considered for financial aid. And remember that the FAFSA is always free. When completing the FAFSA, IRS Data Retrieval Tool can import tax information automatically:

  • Note that the U.S. Department of Education has made some changes for the 2018-19 year. Information displayed will be limited in order to better secure applicant information. Sensitive data, such as adjusted gross income, will not be displayed to applicants.
  • While using the tool is optional, it is still a streamlined way to complete the FAFSA. If your tax return was filed correctly, that information will populate the FAFSA.
  • The DRT will also save time if a student’s financial aid application is selected to be verified. This is a process that spot-checks aid applications. Without the DRT, files are reviewed manually.

Counseling staff members are available to help you if you have questions about the process or your aid. You can visit our office during regular business hours, call us at 734-763-6600 or send us an email.

If you are an entering student, U-M asks you to also complete the CSS Financial Aid PROFILE, which allows us to consider you for U-M grant assistance.  Visit this page for more information. You do not need to be admitted to U-M to apply for financial aid.

Online resources: