The University of Michigan continues to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation in order to protect our community. Accordingly, the Office of Financial Aid is closed to in-person visits at this time. Our staff members are available to assist you and are reachable by phone, chat, email, or video advising appointments.
Live chat with the Office of Financial Aid for your general financial aid questions and to request a video advising appointment.
2500 Student Activities Building
515 E. Jefferson St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Walk-in Counseling Hours
Check in at Wolverine Services on the second floor. Availability is currently limited due to COVID-19; for best service, we strongly recommend phone calls, live chat, email, or video advising appointments.
- Monday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Office Hours and Phone Counseling
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Administration Office, Pierpont Commons
2101 Bonisteel Blvd., Room MZ2202
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Office Hours and Walk-in Counseling
- Monday-Friday: 1:30-5 p.m.
U-M Detroit Office
3663 Woodward, Suite 190
Detroit, MI 48102
When Contacting Us
- Please have your eight-digit U-M Identification number (U-M ID) handy when calling, emailing, or visiting. We cannot provide student-specific information without the U-M ID and a full student name.
- We cannot guarantee security through email, so personal information such as full Social Security numbers should never be emailed.
Fillable PDF Reminder
If you download a fillable PDF form to submit digitally, please remember to save the PDF as a new, unique file after you’ve finished filling out the form. This allows you to submit a PDF with your information, instead of submitting the original (blank) PDF document.
Contact our Outreach Team
The Outreach Team works with high schools, community groups, and other interested audiences to bring information about college financial aid to prospective students and their parents. To schedule a Financial Aid Event, visit the Outreach Activities page.