Students are encouraged to explore online options for conducting student business, and to use the Document Upload Portal on Wolverine Access for uploading needed documents. If you have questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid by calling 734-763-6600 or emailing [email protected].

Filling out PDF Forms

If you download a fillable PDF form to submit digitally, please remember to save the PDF as a new, unique file after you’ve finished filling out the form. This allows you to submit a PDF with your information, instead of submitting the original (blank) PDF document.

Application/Verification Forms & Instructions

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Use U-M Federal School Code 002325. Complete this at no charge to be considered for federal student aid. U-M students should complete this each academic year.

CSS Profile
Use U-M CSS Code 1839 to be considered for institutional U-M grants. There is a cost associated with the CSS Profile.

Special notes about the CSS Profile:

  • The College Board offers a tutorial about the CSS Profile on its website that walks students and parents through changes to this year's form.
  • For families requiring non-custodial parents to complete the CSS Profile, the prospective student must invite the non-custodial parent to complete this document as part of the application process. If you have questions, learn more on our CSS Profile Household B Request webpage.
Instructions for re-applying for financial aid at Michigan
Financial Aid Verification documents

Complete and submit the following documents only if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:

For 2023-2024:

Study Abroad Forms
Studying Abroad through CGIS?

If you have applied to study abroad through the Center for Global and Intercultural Study Program in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, do not download the forms listed on this page. There is a different process. CGIS staff first completes their portion of the financial aid form and then contacts you to share the partially finished form for you to complete. If you are a CGIS student and have questions, please contact the CGIS office at 734-764-4311 or email [email protected].

Spring/Summer Application Materials (Continuing Students Only)

Financial aid is also available during the spring and summer terms for those studying abroad or seeking a Child Care Subsidy.

See the "Study Abroad" section for application information if you will study abroad for spring/summer.

For information and application forms for the spring/summer child care subsidy, visit the Child Care Subsidy page.

Loan Application Documents
Alternative Loans