Students are encouraged to explore online options for conducting student business, and to use the Document Upload Portal on Wolverine Access for uploading needed documents. If you have questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid by calling 734-763-6600 or emailing email@example.com.
Filling out PDF Forms
If you download a fillable PDF form to submit digitally, please remember to save the PDF as a new, unique file after you’ve finished filling out the form. This allows you to submit a PDF with your information, instead of submitting the original (blank) PDF document.
Application/Verification Forms & Instructions
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Use U-M Federal School Code 002325. Complete this at no charge to be considered for federal student aid. U-M students should complete this each academic year.
Use U-M CSS Code 1839 to be considered for institutional U-M grants. There is a cost associated with the CSS Profile.
Special notes about the CSS Profile:
- The College Board offers a tutorial about the CSS Profile on its website that walks students and parents through changes to this year's form.
- For families requiring non-custodial parents to complete the CSS Profile, the prospective student must invite the non-custodial parent to complete this document as part of the application process. If you have questions, contact the College Board or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Instructions for re-applying for financial aid at Michigan
Financial Aid Verification documents
Complete and submit the following documents only if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:
- Non-Filing Statements
- Household Information Questionnaire
- Miscellaneous Income Questionnaire
- Asset Questionnaire
- Request for Waiver of Noncustodial Profile
Study Abroad Forms
- Study Abroad Estimate Worksheet
- 2022-2023 Fall/Winter Study Abroad Request Form
- Winter Study Abroad Request Form
- Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request
Studying Abroad through CGIS?
If you have applied to study abroad through the Center for Global and Intercultural Study Program in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, do not download the forms listed on this page. There is a different process. CGIS staff first completes their portion of the financial aid form and then contacts you to share the partially finished form for you to complete. If you are a CGIS student and have questions, please contact the CGIS office at 734-764-4311 or email email@example.com.
Spring/Summer Application Materials (Continuing Students Only)
Financial aid is also available during the spring and summer terms for those studying abroad or seeking a Child Care Subsidy.
See the "Study Abroad" section for application information if you will study abroad for spring/summer.
For information and application forms for the spring/summer child care subsidy, visit the Child Care Subsidy page.
Loan Application Documents
- PLUS information and application (online)
- Grad PLUS information and application (online)
Note: Because credit reports are only valid for a limited time and we process PLUS Loan applications in July, we wait until early April each year to accept PLUS applications. Contact our office if you need a paper version of the PLUS Loan application. For more details, visit our PLUS loans page.
- Private Loan Self-Certification Form (PDF)
The federal Truth in Lending Act requires students to submit a Private Education Loan Self-Certification Form to their lender. Visit our Private Education Loans page for details.
SAP, Teach, Veterans, and Other Forms
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
TEACH Grant forms
- 2022-2023 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- Federal TEACH information:
- Academic Year 2022-23 (2022-23 fall/winter and 2023 spring/summer)
Budget Re-Evaluation (available Oct. 1)
- Program-Related Travel Worksheet
- Forms and information about the U-M Child Care Subsidy program are on the Students with Child Care Expenses page.