Due to the COVID-19 situation, students are strongly encouraged to explore online options for conducting student business, and to use the Document Upload Portal on Wolverine Access for uploading needed documents. If you have questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid by calling 734-763-6600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filling out PDF Forms
If you download a fillable PDF form to submit digitally, please remember to save the PDF as a new, unique file after you’ve finished filling out the form. This allows you to submit a PDF with your information, instead of submitting the original (blank) PDF document.
Application/Verification Forms & Instructions
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Use U-M Federal School Code 002325. Complete this at no charge to be considered for federal student aid. U-M students should complete this each academic year.
CSS Financial Aid Profile
Use U-M CSS Code 1839 to be considered for institutional U-M grants. There is a cost associated with the CSS Profile. Please contact our office to request a fee waiver before submitting this form if you cannot afford this fee and are not offered the automatic fee waiver from the College Board.
Special notes about the CSS Profile:
- The College Board offers a tutorial about the CSS Profile on its website that walks students and parents through changes to this year's form.
- For families requiring non-custodial parents to complete the CSS Profile, the prospective student must invite the non-custodial parent to complete this document as part of the application process. If you have questions, contact the College Board or email email@example.com for assistance.
Instructions for re-applying for financial aid at Michigan
Financial Aid Verification documents
Complete and submit the following documents only if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:
- Non-Filing Statements
- Household Information Questionnaire
- Miscellaneous Income Questionnaire
- Asset Questionnaire
- Request for Waiver of Noncustodial Profile
Study Abroad Forms
- Study Abroad Estimate Worksheet
- Fall 2020 and Fall/Winter 2020-21 Study Abroad Financial Aid Request
- 2021 Winter-only Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Nov. 1)
- 2021 Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Feb. 1)
Studying Abroad through CGIS?
If you have applied to study abroad through the Center for Global and Intercultural Study Program in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, do not download the forms listed on this page. There is a different process. CGIS staff first completes their portion of the financial aid form and then contacts you to share the partially finished form for you to complete. If you are a CGIS student and have questions, please contact the CGIS office at 734-764-4311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring/Summer Application Materials (Continuing Students Only)
Forms are available from February 1 to July 31 each year. Contact our office if you need assistance after July 31.
- Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form (online version)
- Spring/Summer TEACH Grant Application/Certification (PDF)
- Spring/Summer Social Work Addendum (PDF)
See the "Study Abroad" section above if you will study abroad for spring/summer. Do not complete these forms.
Loan Application Documents
- PLUS information and application (online)
- Grad PLUS information and application (online)
Note: Because credit reports are only valid for a limited time and we process PLUS Loan applications in July, we wait until early April each year to accept PLUS applications. Contact our office if you need a paper version of the PLUS Loan application. For more details, visit our PLUS loans page.
SAP, Teach, Veterans, and Other Forms
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- 2020-2021 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- 2019-20 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
TEACH Grant forms
- 2020-2021 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- 2019-20 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- Federal TEACH information:
- Academic Year 2020-21 (2020-21 fall/winter and 2021 spring/summer)
- Academic Year 2019-20 (2019-20 fall/winter and 2020 spring/summer)
- Educational Expenses Worksheet
- Budget Re-Evaluation form for 2019-2020
- Request for Travel Funds 2020-2021
- Forms and information about the U-M Child Care Subsidy program are on the Students with Child Care Expenses page.