NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 situation, the U-M Office of Financial Aid is currently unable to receive materials by mail. Students are strongly encouraged to use the Document Upload Portal on Wolverine Access for uploading needed documents. If you have questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid by calling 734-763-6600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMINDER: If you download a fillable PDF form to submit digitally, please remember to save the PDF as a new, unique file after you’ve finished filling out the form. This allows you to submit a PDF with your information, instead of submitting the original (blank) PDF document.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Use U-M Federal School Code: 002325). Complete this at no charge to be considered for federal student aid. U-M students should complete this each academic year.
Entering students complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (Use U-M CSS Code: 1839) to be considered for institutional U-M grants. (There is a cost associated with the PROFILE. Please contact our office to request a fee waiver before submitting this form if you cannot afford this fee and are not offered the automatic fee waiver from the College Board.)
Special notes about the PROFILE:
- The College Board offers a tutorial about the CSS Profile on its website that walks students and parents through changes to this year's form.
- For families requiring non-custodial parents to complete the PROFILE: The prospective student must invite the non-custodial parent to complete this document as part of the PROFILE application process. If you have questions, contact the College Board or email email@example.com for assistance.
Instructions for re-applying for financial aid at Michigan
Complete and submit the following Financial Aid Verification documents only if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:
- Non-Filing Statements
- Household Information Questionnaire
- Miscellaneous Income Questionnaire
- Asset Questionnaire
- Request for Waiver of Noncustodial PROFILE
- Study Abroad Estimate Worksheet
- Fall 2019 and Fall/Winter 2019-20 Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before June 1)
- 2020 Winter-only Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Nov. 1)
- 2020 Spring/Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (available on or before Feb. 1)
Studying Abroad through CGIS?
If you have applied to study abroad through the Center for Global and Intercultural Study Program in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, do not download the forms listed on this page. There is a different process. CGIS staff first completes their portion of the financial aid form and then contacts you to share the partially finished form for you to complete. If you are a CGIS student and have questions, please contact the CGIS office at 734-764-4311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms are available from Feb. 1 to July 31 each year. Contact our office if you need assistance after July 31.
- Online version: Spring/Summer Request for Funds Form
- Spring/Summer TEACH Grant Application/Certification (PDF)
- Spring/Summer Social Work Addendum (PDF)
(See "Study Abroad" section above if you will study abroad for spring/summer. Do not complete these forms.)
- PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Grad PLUS information and application (online Federal Student Aid)
- Private Loan Self-Certification Form (PDF) -- The federal Truth in Lending Act requires students to submit a Private Education Loan Self-Certification Form to their lender. Visit our Private Education Loans page for details.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- 2020-2021 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- 2019-20 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
TEACH Grant forms
- 2020-2021 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- 2019-20 TEACH Grant Application/Certification for U-M Students
- Federal TEACH information:
- Academic Year 2020-21 (2020-21 Fall/Winter and 2021 Spring/Summer)
- Academic Year 2019-20 (2019-20 Fall/Winter and 2020 Spring/Summer)