Children of Veterans Tuition Grant
Student Eligibility Criteria:
- be a natural or adopted child of a Michigan veteran
- be an undergraduate older than 16 and younger than 26 years of age
- enroll at least half-time
- be a Michigan resident for one year prior to program application
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- not have been convicted of a felony involving an assault, physical injury, or death
Veteran Eligibility Criteria:
- have been killed in action or died from another cause while serving in war or war condition in which the USA was or is participating; or
- have died or become totally and permanently disabled as a result of a service-connected illness or injury as determined by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs; or
- have been totally and permanently disabled as a result of a service-connected illness or injury prior to death and has now died; or
- be listed as MIA (missing in action) in a foreign country as determined by the U.S. government.
Terms of Grant:
- Provides up to $1,400 for half-time, up to $2,100 for three-quarters time, up to $2,800 for full-time, or an amount equal to all of the student's eligible tuition in that academic year, whichever is less
- Student must apply each year, visit the link below or call 1-888-447-2687.
- Renewable up to four years max, subject to available and approved funding
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.25
For more information visit the Federal Student Aid website.
Michigan Indian Tuition Waiver
- Student must be at least 1/4 blood North American Indian (certified by the Tribal Enrollment Department)
- Student must be a member of a federally recognized tribe (certified by the Tribal Enrollment Department)
- Must be a legal resident of the state of Michigan for not less than 12 consecutive months.
Terms of Waiver:
- Full tuition
- One-year grant; renewability depends on state funding each year
For more information visit the State of Michigan website.
Michigan National Guard State Tuition Assistance Program
Terms of Grant:
- Grant ranges up to $6,000 for the academic year
- You must report this payment to the U-M Office of Financial Aid when you receive it