Financial aid comes in several forms:

  • Grants and scholarships that are not repaid
  • Loans that must be repaid
  • Federal Work-Study which allows you to earn a paycheck while attending college

If you think you may need financial help to attend the University of Michigan, we encourage you to apply for financial aid using the guidelines below. You should apply for financial aid before being accepted or enrolling at U-M. Continuing graduate students at U-M should follow the same procedures and deadlines noted below.

Students are strongly encouraged to explore online options for conducting student business, and to use the Document Upload Portal on Wolverine Access for uploading needed documents. If you have questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 734-763-6600 or [email protected].